Sunday, June 5, 2011

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Don't you hate it when you are in the airport and you catch the eye of a stranger. It seems as if you were looking into their eyes forever. They intensity of the stare ignites and it's almost as if you can hear angles singing all around the terminal. Turning away in shyness, you suddenly blush. Cupid has narrowed in, marking his target and hit. Bullseye! It's done. There is no coming back from this spell. Or is there... Because once you realize that this person suddenly need to board their plane to who-knows-where, you feel the urge to run after them and confess your love? No. Instead you sit there, wondering why you caught a glimpse of heaven for a brief moment with someone you will never see again. I always wonder if I have by chance met my soul mate and never ever knew it was him. Or if we had been in the same place, at the same time many times and fate pulled us away from each for some reason. Why must we be in search of our soul mate? If they were our soul mate, then shouldn't they have been sent to us. The Universe's gift as we enter the world.

Here are some of what others have to say about soul mates:

"A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior. Your soul mate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them. And when you are not around them, you are all that much more aware of the harshness of life, and how bonding with another person in this way is the most significant and satisfying thing you will experience in your lifetime. You are also all that much aware of the beauty in life, because you have been given a great gift and will always be thankful."   ~Urban Dictionary


"Aristophanes presented a story about soulmates in The Symposium by Plato. It states that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them."  ~ Wiki-pedia on Ancient Greece belief


"Soul mates tend to find each other during their respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soul mate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.
~Linda Brady 




 I thought I met my soul mate once. The night I met him, I was invited out by his cousin. Unsure that it was a date, I took a liking to him instantly. I soon forgot about his cousin or that he was even with us. It was if there was magic all around us that night, protecting us. Like we were in our own world. It felt like that every time we hung out, but then I moved away and the feelings we have had for each other still remain a mystery. Although, we are still really good friends. But as far as I'm concern from what I have read on how others define it, that's how I felt. And still do, but maybe we are not. Maybe my soul mate is still out there.... Searching for me as I am searching for him. 








"When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it's bottomless. "
Pema Chodron



No comments: