Monday, May 23, 2011

Him, her and who's that bitch?!

They say the nice guy always finishes last. And that the girl always goes for the asshole. My theory... The nice guy was way too submissive and insecure to notice that his "roll over and lay like a puppy" routine wasn't working for the pretty lady he was pursuing. And the girl who went for the asshole, well... she was probably insecure too and didn't feel like she deserved anything better. My friends who often break up with their boyfriends ALWAYS want to go out to "man hunt". They believe they will find a decent guy while they are piss drunk, hair messed up, make up smeared and shoes falling off. "Fuck relationships!",  slurring a little, "I'm going to find me a handsome stranger to make me forget all about so and so" she would say determinably. And I would nod, encouraging her that she is so in the right. "Good idea. Here.... take another shot. You'll feel better in 10 minutes and will forget all about...what's his name again? Oh that's right... Fuckface."  Knowing deep down this was the complete wrong way to handle a breakup. An hour and a few drinks later, she would be crying to me about how much she missed him and "he use to call me his little sugar plum... *sniffle sniffle* and tell me I was his everything!" 15 minutes later she would be in raged, telling me how much of an asshole he was for cheating on her. Followed by a couple more shots and her ending up hitting on the ugliest guy in the bar. Good thing she has her trusty friend to get her home safe and sound! At least she would be in her bed with her cat and not some creepy guy named John Paul. As we would stumble to get a cab, they always proclaim "fuck him..." slurring even more than before,  "I'm over him. I'm never going to talk to him anymore! Nope." As I glance at my watch and nod in agreement, "Good idea love. He is so not right for you. You will find a better guy."...knowing this wouldn't last long. It would either be 5 minutes, an hour, the next day or a week later, that she would go crawling back to him like someone lost in the desert desperate for water. After he would "forgive'' her for something he did, he would say, "It's okay babycakes, you just need to chill out sometimes." turning it around like she was being dramatic and acting like a psycho for getting mad at him that he flirted, kissed or fucked some other girl. Now don't get me wrong. This happens to men too. I have many guy friend act like this when a girl they liked deceived them. So it is a two sided story. Women are just as much to blame, as are men. Women are just smarter about not getting caught. *wink* Sometimes it best to just not be with anyone. Center yourself and learn how to get a better judgment of character so this doesn't happen again. People do stupid shit when they are in love. Or even in lust. They fall into destructive patterns, thinking they are the perfect couple and everyone else is the one with the problem. This is what I say, "If you're not happy, then why are you wasting your time when there are so many other fish in the sea? You are fishing in the wrong pond my friend." So moral of this story... looking for men in bars is not a good idea.. and if you are having troubles in your relationship..alcohol will not cure it. Ask yourself, "am I happy?" then base your decision off your answer. Don't settle for less.



"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe

No comments: