Saturday, October 16, 2010

Grasping to find the words....

Something whispers in my ear, "Do it." Should I? Those eyes get me every time. His smile takes me back to our first kiss. Magical and serene. I can still taste him on my lips. When he speaks, it's as if I am in a trance, a lullaby capturing me in a twirling wind or love. Or is it lust? No... Lust wouldn't make you feel like this. Would it? Again, I hear that voice, "Do it. Tell him." I go to open my mouth but I must have lost my words somewhere within my thoughts. He looks up from his coffee, black, no sugar. His eyes on me now. Those eyes. I can feel them undressing me. Touching me.... He smiles again. We both can feel it. Or can he just hear the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach? My heart pounding. Thump, thump, thump. I look away, blushing. Trying not to act coy. But I am caught. He ask is everything okay. I smile, reassuring him that I am fine. Reassuring myself that he feels the same way. He puts his hand over mine, stares into my eyes, and says the words I have been dying to say for weeks now. "I love you."


"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it."
Curtis Judalet

No comments: