Saturday, February 12, 2011

Social Butterfly, Indeed.

Tighten Up_ The Black Keys is the song for this post. Why, you ask? Maybe if you listen to the lyrics after you read this you will understand. Enjoy.


These last couple days have been pretty amazing. I was able to hang out with people I hadn't seen in a long time and rekindle a friendship that was lost long ago. I wouldn't consider myself a flirt. More like someone who is just very charming by nature. And someone who has many friends with a majority that happen to be men. I feel that in life I must live it to the fullest, not take anything personal and never regret my actions. I always think things through. And although, some of the things I do may be frowned upon in society, at least I can say I didn't live a boring life where I looked back and wondered "what if". Or thought, "Would my life be different if I had just said yes and been more optimistic?" No, I will never look back and say that. At 25, (almost), I feel I have lived quite a life that I could eventually write a book about. Needless to say, you may not be in agreement with some of MY decisions, but at least you have something entertaining to read. Where do I start? Hmmm...Well, it all started when my mother and father got divorced. I was 3 months old and do not recall this event. But I am pretty sure after my father left and my mother started dating other men (many men), was when I started to become a "flirt". My mother has always had this certain charm about her that can be irresistible.  Beautiful, young and raising two little girls by herself (who happen to be 11 months apart) is definitely not easy. When it comes to men in there 20's and 30's, they don't want a 20 something year old woman who has two kids. Especially, two little girls who just want their parents to be together. Now you can kind of get why she jumped from man to man. Being a single parent can be complicated.  Many years later, the two little girls grew up and as adults became very different. One who was very busy with her life and not wanting much to do with men. And the other (me), has many friends and loves to be social. I consider myself to be a free spirit. Now can you see where this "flirtiness"  gets misunderstood. As I get older I feel as if I can be as blunt as I want and not give a shit what others think of me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. I do not have control over any ones life or what they do, so I can not judge. I hope that you can keep that in mind while you read this. Being judgmental is not attractive. Nor is it healthy. Let me live my life, it is mine. Remember? So the point of this is that regardless of what you do in life, or where you came from.... as long as you are not hurting anyone or yourself, live your life the way you want. You are the author of your book. Ask yourself "What is the next chapter in my life? What do I want to do next?" The possibilities are endless. It's a big world out there, with many things to do. Go explore a little. And be yourself.


"Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips." - Anonymous

No comments: