Saturday, February 12, 2011

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page....

GOOD MORNING TRAVELERS YOUNG AND OLD!!!!! Today, I am going to let you in on a couple tips on how to be a great travel companion. We can all admit that at times, it can be hectic and overbearing. Or if you are optimistic, it becomes an adventure. To start with, you need to know a few things that are very important.


  1. Where are you going?
  2. When are you going, for how long and from what times?
  3. Where are you staying, hence, where is your adventure taking you on your trip?
Once you figure out these key questions you need to book your ticket and print it out. If you don't have a printer handy you can always get your ticket from where ever you are traveling out of.

Now comes the packing. Once you figure out where it is you are going and for how long, you need to pack the right stuff. Think about the weather. What activities you are going to be participating in and places you'll be dining out at. It's not brain science to figure these things out. If you are a fashionable or even a simple person, you can figure out what you want to bring. You will need a few items that I believe are IMPORTANT

  1. Brush brush brush. Need to keep your pearly whites clean. Do not forget your toothbrush, toothpaste, and whitening strips.
  2. Keeping your skin freshly renewed and clear is a must. Facial Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer. I use anything by Neutrogena. 
  3. Traveling can dry out your skin, try Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating  Mask. They are amazing and constantly keep me looking beautiful.
  4. *sniffle sniffle* Always bring Kleenex and Claritin just in case those allergies start acting up.
  5. Mace. I am a single women and sometimes my ninja moves can't save me if I get myself in a scuffle. Pass the pepper, please!
  6. TEA TIME. Yes, bring herbal tea with you for any occasion. I like Yogi and have been told that Yorkshire is quite pleasant.
  7. Evian Facial Spray. It moisturizes, refreshes and tones. Amaaaaazing!! Comes in travel sizes so you can throw it in your purse. 
Pack light, but don't forget the essentials.
Getting to where you are going is important. I recommend being there around these times for successful departure:

  • Going to the airport: 1-2 hours early
  • Catching a train: 20-45 minutes early
  • Catching a bus: 30 minutes early.

Last but not least, always make sure you have a smile on your face. YOU ARE GOING SOMEWHERE!!! How exciting! Well, that is pretty much it. I will writing more post about certain trips I take this year. Things to look forward to:

  • Valentine's Day
  • My 25th Birthday
  • Hawaii
  • Snowboarding
  • Cooking
  • What I am learning in my Spanish classes
  • Finding an Inner Balance
  • Beauty 101 and how to stay in shape at 25
  • Finding the Perfect Guy
  • Letting go of bad habits and how to turn them into positive habits
 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain